Underdark Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Underdark Alliance Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lore: The Dark Horde

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Galen

Lore: The Dark Horde Empty
PostSubject: Lore: The Dark Horde   Lore: The Dark Horde I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:12 am

Feeling tired of huggle snuggle RP? Wish to have a break from Amia's collection of more serious factions? Need a bit of stress relief? Want to kick some elven arses because you think elves are lame? The Dark Horde is the right faction for you. Our aim is pretty simple: Get a whole bunch of Greenskins together and go have a good time at noone's expense.

Here in this Thread we'll cover:

-The Horde's Structure and general information

-The Importance of Religion in the Horde

-How to Join the Dark Horde
Back to top Go down
Galen

PostSubject: Re: Lore: The Dark Horde   Lore: The Dark Horde I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:20 am

The Horde's General Information

The Orcs are an Ancient, warlike race whose animosity knows no boundaries. They are prone to infighting amongst themselves as much as they are to fighting their enemies. But even in the chaotic society of the Orcs there is still a sense of Order and Insight that all Orcs instinctively follow even if they are not aware of it. The Dark Horde has inherited the traits of it's Orog founders: Industrialisation and Unity under cunningly intelligent War Bosses. These advantages have proven time and time again as the Dark Horde has been better equipped then their rivals and able to defeat tribes that outnumber their warriors many times over. The spoils of victory are obvious from the amount of opposing Tribes that have been absorbed into the Horde... or anihilated by them.

The Heirarchy in which the Dark Horde operates is incredibly simple so that even the Dumbest of Ogrillions will understand how it works. There are only two categories:

* The Boss

* The Boys

The War Boss

Generally the largest Orc of the Tribe proves his status as War Boss by fighting his way to the top of the Heirarchy but it takes more then brute strength for an Orc to declare themself the War Boss of the Dark Horde. The Dark Horde reflects what it was named after: a Horde of creatures with their own languages, skills and religions. Because of this, only the most intelligent Orcs with the brute force to back their claim ever get to lead it. Due to the chaotic demands of Orc society, only Orcs will ever lead the Dark Horde... noone ever takes orders from a mere Goblin afteral!

The War Boss is the sole, unquestionable leader of the Horde... provided he asserts his authority. The War Boss has three main duties to the Horde:

*Lead the Boys on their War path and lead by example
*Keep the boys in line and worshiping the gods
*Ensure the boys are happy with plenty of Spoils, resources and fighting

The Horde's greatest asset is also the War Bosses greatest obstacle to overcome: Variety. The Ogrillion's idea of happiness differs to that of a Kobold and the War Boss must utilise a balance between industrialisation and head smashing to ensure that all his boys are occupied and happy lest it fall prone to infighting. Religion and Language will also prove to be difficult obstacles to dodge but if the War Boss is able to surpass these petty problems, he will have an extremely versatile and unstoppable force at his disposal.

The Boys:

A War Boss can't be a War Boss without having boys to kick around! Quite simply if you're not the War Boss, you're one of his Boys and you do what the War Boss says.

The boys come in all different shapes and sizes from the massive Ogrillion shock troops to the Kobold smiths and the pecking order is relatively simple: The bigger you are the better. Unfortunately this Orcish way of thinking is flawed: the Orcs in turn are dependent on their smaller bretheren for their weapons, their luggage and on the long campaigns as emergency rations. This creates an instinctive sense of equality amongst the boys for they all have to follow the orders of the War Boss... but the Orcs will never admit considering a Goblin as their equal!
Back to top Go down
Galen

PostSubject: Re: Lore: The Dark Horde   Lore: The Dark Horde I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:33 am

Religion and the Dark Horde

Religion plays an important role in Orcish society but it plays an even greater part in the Dark Horde. The Dark Horde strictly believe in the Orcish Parthenon and their zealous devotion guides the Horde's future directions and how they view others. Because the Horde consists of Non-Orcish races, the worshiping of the Goblinoid and Kobold Parthenons are accepted but with certain restrictions to ensure that the Orcish deities and ideals are always on top.

The structural heirarchy of the Deity's importance in the Dark Horde is very simple:

1) Gruumsh (One Eye) is the Patron deity.
2) The other deities of the Orc Parthenon.
3) The Goblinoid and Kobold Parthenon.
4) Malar or any other deity allied or subservient to Gruumsh.

Any Orc, Goblinoid or Kobold who believes in any Deity outside of the above is considered too 'Humanised" to join the Horde and are kept as slaves at best.

Patron Deity of the Dark Horde:

* Gruumsh

Orc Panthenon:

* Ilneval

* Bahgtru

* Luthic

* Shargaas

* Yurtrus

Goblinoid Panthenon:

* Maglubiyet

If anyone knows of any other Goblin Deities, please PM the details to me and I will include them on the list.

Kobold Panthenon:

* Kurtulmak

If anyone knows of any other Kobold Deities, please PM the details to me and I will include them on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lore: The Dark Horde   Lore: The Dark Horde I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lore: The Dark Horde
Page 1 of 1