Underdark Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Underdark Alliance Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out of commision

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Galen

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey guys,

I don't have a comp with both nwn and internet running at the moment (my new comp's still in the "what parts do I want" stage) so I'll be out of commision for a bit. My MSN and x-fire will be down too for the same reason.

It should only last 2 weeks tops but who knows. I'll still have access to the internet but it'll be irregular.
Back to top Go down
Vorn'ang

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:56 am

Alright, get back when you get back. We'll a miss you.
Back to top Go down
Ibseth
Admin
Ibseth

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:49 pm

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hurry back Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Oskar
Admin
Oskar

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Galen and Tordek down, guess things will be a little quiet for a while...
Back to top Go down
Ibseth
Admin
Ibseth

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:34 pm

nah,

just give us time, aint no party like a glennvharcan party Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Galen

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Ordered the parts for the new comp last night. We settled on:

-ASrock 790GX motherboard.
-AMD Phenom II 955 Black edition (quad core: 3.2ghz)
-4GB ddr2 RAM (1066mhz)
-ANTEC 750 Watt PSU
-ANTEC Three Hundred case
-Seagate 750GB hdd (7200rpm)
-Saphire Radeon 4870 graphics card

Some of you might know the system as an "AMD Dragon rig." Reason I chose it over Intel's i7 range was coz it has damn good performance for $1200 Australian (which is bloody cheap!)

Just gotta wait till the parts come in!
Back to top Go down
Vorn'ang

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:31 am

It makes me cry, I don't keep up with hardware enough these days to know how crappy that could potentially be without having to do some bloody research.
Back to top Go down
Galen

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:42 pm

I made sure I did my research prior to spending my cash. Pretty much I needed a comp that would act as a HTPC as well as a gaming rig which the motherboard/graphics card combo does. Because the motherboard is an AMD socket only, the Phenom II range was the only choice to be made because quite honestly... the rest of AMD's lineup sucks.

The 955 Black Edition was only $20 more expensive then the reccomended Phenom II 940 chipset so really it's just icing on the cake.

Ofcourse there's some dissapointments such as the motherboard not being DDR3 RAM capable but according to the Benchmark scores and the Crysis frame rates, there's only a 1 frame difference between DDR2 and DDR3. I'm happy to purchase DDR2 RAM anyways... I got 4GB of it for $80 wheras 4GB of DDR3 RAM is nearly $180.

Anyways I'm getting the parts today. Might be up and running by Sunday... as I said, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out of commision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of commision   Out of commision I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of commision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Underdark Alliance :: Off Topic-
Jump to: