Underdark Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Underdark Alliance Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NIN Waving Goodbye

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

NIN Waving Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: NIN Waving Goodbye   NIN Waving Goodbye I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:21 pm

NIN and Trent Reznor have booked in the final tour dates, they will be club shows, small-medium venues. After that, no more stuff from NIN.

Real kick in the sack I have to say. Only been to New Zealand twice, and I didn't get to go to either of them due to money issues. Damn, hate it when a good thing comes to an end. Well anyone know anything even remotely like the music put out by NIN? Or will I have to start recording my own albulms hahahaha.
Back to top Go down

NIN Waving Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: NIN Waving Goodbye   NIN Waving Goodbye I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:28 pm

As a huge NIN fan I have to say that I'm naturaly dissapointed it's over, but when you look at their last 2 or 3 albumns they've been quite dissapointing, so I feel that perhaps calling it a day now rather than later is the best thing for them.

Go out on a relative high. Better that than to fizzle out and become a joke, like Marilyn Manson, for example.

Plus NIN have been going since the late 80's, so could you realy see yourself putting out that much music over a 20 year period? I couldn't (and wouldn't want to) do it.
Back to top Go down
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

NIN Waving Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: NIN Waving Goodbye   NIN Waving Goodbye I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Yeah I know. That's pretty much what Trent said. The Slip was a gift to his fans for all the support, and to eternalise his music in history. It's named such because it's released before the high that is NIN starts slipping. I think he saw what's happened with Manson and realised that things are going to start going downhill.

Still the question lies in what I'll listen to now, since most of the new bands out don't interest me much. Pretty much all the same crap hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Galen

NIN Waving Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: NIN Waving Goodbye   NIN Waving Goodbye I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:51 am

I give you Mastodon.

Masters of concept albums with their three best in a row: Leviathon (Met's favourite containing singles Iron Tusk, Aqua Dementia, seabeast and Blood and Thunder. Story of Moby Dick in metal form), Blood Mountain (containing singles Colony of Birchman, Capillarian Crest and Sleeping Giants.) and finally Crack the Skye (Containing the singles Oblivion and Divinations.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NIN Waving Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: NIN Waving Goodbye   NIN Waving Goodbye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NIN Waving Goodbye
Page 1 of 1